What you didn't knowsâmbătă, decembrie 12, 2009
Those who are gay might already be in acknowledge of following things, but there are many people out there who still have no idea about 'em. So check them out and tell me what you think.
- 1869 – The term "homosexuality" appears in print for the first time in a German-Hungarian pamphlet written by Karl-Maria Kertbeny
- 1892 – The words "bisexual" and "heterosexual" are first used in their current senses in Charles Gilbert Chaddock's translation of Kraft-Ebing's Psychopathia Sexualis.
- 1920 – The word Gay is used for the first time in reference to homosexual in the Underground.
- 1923 – The word fag is first used in print in reference to gays in Nels Anderson's The Hobo: "Fairies or Fags are men or boys who exploit sex for profit."
- 1969 – The purple handprint became a symbol of gay liberation in 1969, following a San Francisco newspaper dumping purple ink on members of the Gay Liberation Front protesting their offices.
- Also: important history personalities are known to be gay or to have had relations with people of the same gender: Nero (Emperor of Rome), Alexander the Great, Leonardo Da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, and many many more. Leonardo Da Vinci was charged with sodomy but no verdict was rendered in his trial, as of Oscar Wilde, he was sent in prison 2 years.
I know, I know, you will say this is just a wall of text. But I myself never knew things like what does Fag actually come from or never knew about the purple handprint. You can find many more interesting stuff here:
Boring stuff, but I find them interesting. What about you?
"Paint your own Life and Live in your own world."